From: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to create my own linux distribution
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:16:31
1 Makara wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm from Cambodia. I'm a new gentoo user and a new
5 > member also. Could anyone tell me how to create my own
6 > linux distribution? I have tried LFS but it's not
7 > what I need it just tell how to build linux from
8 > scratch. I tried to search on google but I got
9 > nothing. Please give me any information and what
10 > should I have to learn to build my own linux
11 > distribution? sorry for my english.
14 Start with Linux From Scratch and then find a packaging system to your
15 liking so that you can maintain your choice builds. Consider RPM, APT,
16 or even Portage for starters. You WILL find it is not as easy as you
17 think if it is just you [one person] trying to maintain it.
18
19 Tom Veldhouse
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list