From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] concatenate ogg-files...?
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:13:46
1 Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > Am 30.01.2011 14:55, schrieb meino.cramer@×××.de:
4 > >
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > I have three ogg-files (audio) which I want to concatenate
8 > > in a way, so that as much as possible of the audio quality
9 > > will be preserved and the result should be an ogg-file again,
10 > > which not only plays ok, because mplayer or what ever simply
11 > > skipps over format violations but is of a valid ogg format.
12 > >
13 > > How can I do this ?
16 > There is ogmcat which belongs to ogmtools. However, it explicitly says
17 > in its man-page that it does not work. You might still try it out.
18 >
19 > Can it be a Matroska file, as well? There is an option in mkvmerge to
20 > append streams in MKV/MKA, as well. Maybe that one works better.
21 The ogg spec says you can just cat them -- I found this played the
22 audio, but the timecode got messed up, so I don't generally do it.
25 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
26 How do
27 you spend it?
28
29 John Covici