From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portable Gentoo (Pen Drive Linux)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 21:08:31
1 On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:15:56 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > There is a file that is executed by default at login, I think it
4 > > is .autorun. I remember having to add an option to ignore it on the
5 > > LXFDVDs because we use .autorun on those to launch a browser.
6 >
7 > I had a poke around and didn't get anywhere with .autorun, but
8 > eventually I found that SysRescCD uses zsh, not bash. It hadn't
9 > occurred to me until then to consider the shell. So that's why the
10 > auto-login function wasn't behaving the way I expected.
11
12 I don't think it's down to the shell, sysresccd includes bash too AFAIR.
13 It's more likely due to me giving your duff information, the file is
14 autorun not .autorun. If you press the help keys at the boot menu, you
15 will eventually find an explanation of how it works, around F5 I think.
16
17 Aha, just found the proper documentation for it
18 http://www.sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-manual-en_Run_your_own_scripts_with_autorun
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.