From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tips on running a mail server in a cheap vps provider run but not-so-trusty admins?
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 22:37:27
1 On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 09:07:03PM +0000, Caveman Al Toraboran wrote:
2 > anyway i'm out of this. massive waste of time. i
3 > could've finished server-side hillarymail by it.
4
5 Oh, come on. People on this list have decades of experience managing and
6 implementing e-mail protocols, and you call their (free) help a "massive waste
7 of time"? Stop being silly and realise that no initial proposal is completely
8 flawless.
9
10 As I keep urging you, define some goals (and as Grant said, start with defining
11 the current problem), finish an initial standards document, and begin writing a
12 reference implementation. Or just define some of the core algorithms with
13 pseudocode. I can almost-guarantee that you will start realising things that
14 need changing almost immediately upon doing so.
15
16 Perhaps it is just me with my English sense of over-politeness, but I find your
17 conduct to be remarkably audacious (and frankly rude) considering all the time
18 people are spending to help you. ... And if you don't want this sort of on-line
19 discourse, why did you post on the list at all?
23 Ashley Dixon
24 suugaku.co.uk
27 DA96 D18A
28 8A7B B0D2