From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to get a static libtcl built?
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 22:27:08
1 On 2007-09-14, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> I need to create a statically linked program that uses libtcl,
4 >> but I only seem to have a shared libtcl. The ebuild for
5 >> dev-lang/tcl doesn't appear to have any sort of static/dynamic
6 >> USE flags.
7 >>
8 >> Hmm. What does the "debug" flag do? Is that a cryptic way of
9 >> saying "also build static libraries"?
13 > I have tcl in my make.conf.
14 >
15 > tcl - Adds support the Tcl language
16 >
17 > Is that what you need?
18
19 No. I believe that determines an application should include
20 TCL support (I assume as an embedded scripted language).
21
22 I need to know how to get both static and dynamic verions of
23 libtcl built. Only the dynamic version of libtcl seems to be
24 built when one emerges dev-lang/tcl. I also need the static
25 version.
28 Grant Edwards grante Yow! LBJ, LBJ, how many
29 at JOKES did you tell today??!
30 visi.com
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list