From: Jacob Todd <jaketodd422@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] my gentoo cannot find my HD
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 04:45:07
1 On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:57:51AM +0800, Xi Shen wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > i installed my gentoo x64 on my usb HD, because i have to use windows
5 > for my work. but the problem is that if i boot from the usb HD, it
6 > cannot find the HD on my laptop. the gentoo 2008 installation cd works
7 > very well, so i think i must have missed some drivers in the kernel or
8 > module. i have included anything that is related to ide, scsi, sata,
9 > and usb. is there anything else i should do to make my HD on laptop
10 > work?
11 >
12 > my laptop is thinkpad t61.
15 > --
16 > Best Regards,
17 > David Shen
18 >
19 > http://twitter.com/davidshen84
22 Do `lspci -n` and paste it's output at http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/.
23
24 Also look at Pappy's kernel seeds.[1]
25
26 [1]http://62.3.120.141/~pappy/
29 Jake Todd
30 // If it isn't broke, tweak it!