From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] /etc/conf.d/net tries to do too much
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:34:08
1 I configured my laptop as a wireless AP with hostapd. It works great
2 as long as I 'ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.1'. I can have
3 /etc/init.d/net.wlan0 started automatically with hostapd, but I can't
4 come up with an /etc/conf.d/net config that will work. It always
5 fails by saying it can't set master mode or other parameters. I think
6 hostapd is supposed to handle all of that except the IP configuration,
7 but /etc/conf.d/net wants to do more than just the IP configuration.
8 Does anyone know the right way to handle this?
9
10 - Grant