From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why does wordpress require xterm?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 23:29:20
1 On 2/22/06, Lance Jacobs <lance@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Looking at the wordpress ebuild file, I do not see any reason for it to
3 > have a dependency on xterm. I'm probably missing something simple, but
4 > I just don't see it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
5
6 wordpress depends on virtual/httpd-php, which for the current x86
7 profile defaults to dev-lang/php, which inherits the php5_0-sapi
8 eclass (or php5_1-sapi if you accept ~x86), which contains:
9
10 xpm? ( || ( x11-libs/libXpm virtual/x11 ) )
11
12 So if you have USE=xpm, this drags in either x11-libs/libXpm or
13 virtual/x11, but libXpm is still hard masked. So you end up depending
14 on virtual/x11, which is satisfied currently by xorg-x11-6.8, which
15 requires xterm. Simple enough?? ;->
16
17 Try with USE=-xpm.
18