From: James <jtp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: streaming multicast to vlc
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 13:03:17
1 Thoughts, anyone? :)
2
3 -j
4
5 On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 12:14 PM, James <jtp@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > All,
7 >
8 > I'm trying to watch a multicast stream on my Gentoo box using VLC.
9 > I've compiled VLC with the flags shown at the VLC website. However,
10 > when I try to watch a stream a window the video never appears.
11 >
12 > - I've enabled multicast in the Kernel; a wireshark capture indicates
13 > an IGMP join request is being sent.
14 > - I've added a route out of the appropriate ethernet interface
15 > - I've forced IGMP v2 with no success
16 >
17 > This works fine on Ubuntu and Fedora, so I'm unsure what I may be missing.
18 >
19 > Thoughts?
20 > -j
21 >