From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Beta test Gentoo with mdev instead of udev; version 4
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 01:29:02
1 On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 04:49:40PM +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote
2
3 > I suggest splitting this step into two:
4 >
5 > 3a) Create /sbin/linuxrc containing at least ... chmod ...
6 >
7 > 3b) Append "init=/sbin/linuxrc" to bootloader line
8 >
9 > Slightly less confusing :-)
10
11 OK. I'll modify it as suggested. There is talk on the gentoo-dev
12 list that mod-utils will be replaced by virtual/mod-utils which will
13 default to kmod (required to build udev-181). Note that mod-utils and
14 kmod are mutually exclusive. That should be taken care of in the
15 ebuilds, but I'll monitor the situation. I may have to modify the setup
16 instructions for conversion to mdev... i.e. an additional step, removing
17 kmod and installing mod-utils.
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>