From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SHOULD BE gnome-settings-daemon failed]
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 23:34:09
1 On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 16:56 -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > gOn Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I sort of covered this a while ago but in a nutshell, when I send a
4 > > email to this list, I don't get a copy back. I have a copy in my sent
5 > > box but not a copy that comes back from the list. I view this list
6 > > threaded so it can confuse me if I forget to copy a message back.
7 > > Someone could reply to my message and me not even know it was me they
8 > > responded too.
9 >
10 > I know of two 100% sure ways to do this, and one possible way.
11 >
12 > 1. Use the web-based interface. My sent emails on this list show up in
13 > the thread where they belong. I know, I know. :)
14 >
15 > 2. Use IMAP and utilize gmail's labels. For instance, I have a filter
16 > set up to apply the "gentoo" label to anything on this list and skip
17 > the inbox. In Thunderbird, the "gentoo" label shows up as a folder
18 > under my gmail account. All new messages from the list show up there,
19 > and my sent mail does as well. When I click that folder in
20 > Thunderbird, I can see the threaded view of all messages on this list
21 > -- including my own.
22 >
23 > 3. If IMAP is not an option and you must use POP, perhaps you can set
24 > up a filter on gmail to move your sent mail to the inbox, or set up
25 > your e-mail client to BCC yourself on every sent message.
26 >
27 > > On the spam thing, I use POP access so I don't want any spam filtering.
28 > > I do that on my end plus I used to get a LOT of false positives. Right
29 > > now, I check via web mail and tell it NONE of what it thinks is spam is
30 > > actually spam. It may mess up their filters but it is starting to send
31 > > them to me so it is working a little at least.
32 >
33 > You can disable spam filtering. Set up a filter to catch all of your
34 > e-mail and use the "Never send it to Spam" option. I am on mailing
35 > lists that deal with spam and phishing, probably the majority of the
36 > messages would go to spam without that feature. On the web interface,
37 > it even puts a little note next to the message that says something to
38 > the effect of "Gmail thinks this is spam, but because of your filter
39 > we've allowed it anyway".
40 >
41 > Good luck :)
42 >
43 > Paul
44 >
45 My problem is that I'm never sure if my emails actually get to the list.
46 If I send a question in and don't get it back, and nobody responds to
47 it, what else am I supposed to assume, except that my original post got
48 lost somewhere on the Internet...