From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iwl4965 performance
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:33:01
1 On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 17:28 +0100, Thomas Kahle wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Hi,
6 >
7 > I am using the iwl4965 driver which is included in the kernel
8 > 2.6.25-rc6. Everything works fine (Networkmanager, WPA2, etc.) The only
9 > thing I experience is a very bad performance.
10 > I cannot get more than around 30 kb/s. Also the responses are rather
11 > slow. If I open some new tabs in firefox it takes up to 5 seconds before
12 > there is enough data to render something.
13 > When using wired network its much faster.
14 > The router is also not the source of the problem, with my old airo card
15 > i could get up to 200 kb/s, the macbook running gentoo gets to around
16 > 500kb/s.
17 >
18 > Any ideas where to start investigation ?
19 >
20 > Thanks
21 > Thomas
22
23 When I switched to iwl3945 I had problems with a very unstable
24 connection (just stable enough to allow wpa_supplicant to recover),
25 decreasing effective bandwidth a lot. Enabling every suboption except of
26 debugging for "Intel Wireless WiFi Link Drivers" in the kernel
27 resolved it.
28
29 Does it work with kernel 2.6.24?
30
31 Maybe you could try wpa_supplicant with debugging enabled?
32
33 wpa_supplicant -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -d
34
35 or even
36 wpa_supplicant -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -dd