From: Alan Warren <bluemoonshine@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system lag with gentoo-sources-2.6.35-r2
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:35:46
1 Thanks,
2
3 I'm not very savvy when it comes to working with the kernel beyond
4 using the normal stable cut gentoo provides. I'll research git-bisect
5 and see if I can't figure this out though.
6
7 I think you are correct though. It does seem to only happen while the system
8 is under heavy I/O.
9
10 I've never experienced anything like this in previous versions of the linux
11 kernel,
12 and resorting back to gentoo-sources-2.6.34 fixes the issue completely.
13
14 If there are I/O fixes upstream, then I am assuming you are referring to a
15 cut
16 that is more recent then gentoo-sources-2.6.35-r2 that the Gentoo devs have
17 yet to provide their patches to? ( I see vanilla sources has 2.6.35 .3)
18
19 Thanks again,
20 Alan
21