From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Acer Aspire One D255
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 12:42:50
1 On 06/06/13 14:52, Silvio Siefke wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > i have a new netbook buy and want install Gentoo on it. So the Installation
5 > run without problems, but i understand not why the network want not start.
6 >
7 > I make the installation with Sabayon Linux and from there i compile the
8 > Kernel with make localyesconfig ; make . But the Network want not run.
9 > I have in the Kernel Config all Network activated, but ever the same.
10 >
11 > /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start
12 > Bringing up interface eth0
13 > ERROR: interface eth0 does not exist
14
15 So what interfaces do exist? eth* would be kernel naming without udev,
16 are you sure you don't have something like enp* instead?
17
18 # ls /sys/class/net/
19 # ifconfig -a
20 # ip link