From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] zoom?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:33:40
1 On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 1:09:27 PM CET Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
2 > On Wed, Mar 25, 2020, at 08:04, Michael wrote:
3 > > I have not used Zoom, but the interwebs are screaming about the fly-by
4 > > malware silent installations that come with it. I don't know if this
5 > > applies to Linux too.
6 >
7 > My understanding is that it reports running processes and other info about
8 > your machine back to Zoom. Don't know why. As soon as I'm done with a
9 > meeting, I stop it so it's not running all the time.
10 >
11 > That's why I would move it to a VM - libvirt/KVM/spice seems to have pretty
12 > phenomenal support for cameras, mics, and other "advanced" features these
13 > days.
14 >
15 > Alec
18 Anyone know of reliable and decent alternatives?