From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Any exper or experienced rsnapshot users here, please read
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:21:33
1 My rsnapshot conf files consist of:
2
3 /etc:
4 rsnapshot_Mail.conf
5 rsnapshot_Etc.conf
6 rsnapshot_Home.conf
7 rsnapshot_News.conf
8
9 There run at all the normal intervals. hourly, daily, weekly, monthly
10
11 Suddenly following a full update with world -u from a well out of date
12 system, all these conf files have reported having deleted what used
13 to be their backup targets.
14
15 ~/Mail has many directories deleted ... ditto the other targets.
16
17 Following the update I got errors from rsnapshot that my conf files
18 were missing a config_version parameter.
19
20 I inserted that paramater as `config_version \t\t <=(with tabs)=>1.2'
21 into each.
22
23 Plus I renamed the /etc/rsnapshot.conf.default to
24 rsnapshot.conf.default_DONT_USE_FOR_NOW_082905. I wasn't sure what
25 role this file plays.
26
27 Following these changes my conf logs show the targets being deleted at
28 least partially.
29
30 What on earth have I done?
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list