From: Richard McCombie <skitfish@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pentium D Temperature and Frequency Scaling
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:54:19
1 Thank you for the suggestions, Dale and Stroller.
2
3 I have an Athlon64 machine, and in order to access the CPU temperature
4 on that, I simply built the 'k8temp' module. The option to build the
5 'coretemp' module is on the same page of menuconfig. However, coretemp
6 isn't applicable to my Pentium D 3GHz.
7
8 I would like to know if there is any way - other than by using
9 lm_sensors - that I can get at the temperature of my CPU. k8temp works
10 for AMD Athlon64 CPUs, coretemp is for Intel Core CPUs, is there a
11 similar solution for Intel Pentium D CPUs?
14 Also, can anyone enlighten me as to whether it is correct that my
15 Pentium D 3GHz can only drop to 2.4GHz at the lowest, rather than
16 anything lower, while doing frequency scaling?
19 Thanks again,
20 Richard
21