From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Be cautious about virtualbox-4.2.8 and Win7 guests
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 06:35:14
1 On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 2:06 AM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > After updating vbox today I got crashes on login with two different
3 > Win7 guests (gentoo ~amd64 host).
4 >
5 > Luckily, only the most recent snapshot crashed and I was able to
6 > boot normally with the second most recent snapshot (both guests).
7 >
8 > I didn't lose anything important because the only thing I use
9 > Windows for is to run Windows Update :) (know thine enemy, etc)
10 >
11 > Maybe if you have important stuff on a Win7 guest you should make
12 > an extra snapshot just before you update to vbox-4.2.8 in case you
13 > need to delete the last one.
14 >
15 > BTW, I had no problems with linux guests so far.
19 What did the crashes say?
22 Nilesh Govindrajan
23 http://nileshgr.com