From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Systemd upower
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 15:39:48
1 On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 18:14:56 +0300
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > (I think I'll be forced to write up some minimal news item just to
5 > shut up the loud minority who can't be bothered to do anything
6 > themselfs, like even read package ChangeLogs if they stumble upon
7 > something manual.)
8
9 I figured out what I wanted to do (uninstall upower, install
10 upower-pm-utils) by reading the changelogs, but I don't know what my
11 other options were. Could I have stuck with upower, letting it pull in
12 systemd, without messing up openrc?
13
14 ISTM as long as openrc is Gentoo's default init system, it would be
15 nice to have a news item outline all the available paths for openrc
16 users every time something like this happens.