From: Alan Mckinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [Very OT] - Kill-A-Watt (240V Version) to measure my Gentoo Server Power Usage
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:22:24
1 On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 13:44 +0200, Naga wrote:
2 > On Friday 11 August 2006 13:26, Alan Mckinnon wrote:
3
4 > > The current drawn through a conductor (in this case a live body) is
5 > > determined by the voltage, and the resistance of the body itself.
6 >
7 > And in this case the surface that the body is in contact with.
8 >
9 > I other words don't stand in water when you get the shock (but rubber shoes
10 > should work) :)
11
12 On a side note, when I was still fixing things for a living I used to
13 demonstrate to new trainees how current flow actually worked by
14 deliberately touching the mains live on a running tv set in complete
15 safety. Very very very few of them figured it out :-) The secret:
16
17 - use one finger of one hand
18 - wooden workbench
19 - shoes