From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] RESEND: [OT - Manually entering a new mail account into Evolution]
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:13:07
1 I sent this into gentoo-user last night, but never received it back from
2 the list. I'm sending it again...
3
4 -------- Forwarded Message --------
5 From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
6 To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
7 Subject: OT - Manually entering a new mail account into Evolution
8 Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:40:47 -0600
9
10 Is there a way to manually register a POP mail account with Evolution?
11 The college that my wife and I attend gives each of its students their
12 own email account to be accessed either through their webmail site or
13 through an external mail client. Their webmail service was written for
14 IE, so it's not much good to us, and whenever I try to enter a new
15 account in Evolution-2.2, it crashes when I try to select the POP
16 protocol from the protocol combo box for incoming mail (second page of
17 the Email Account Registry wizard (at least that's what I call it.) We
18 were told today that all correspondence from the school would be sent
19 out to our student email accounts. As you can see, it's somewhat
20 important for me to have this account available in Evolution, where the
21 rest of my mail stuff is set up. Is there a file somewhere that I can
22 manually alter to get the information for the account in there?
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list