From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is wrong 4k sector alignment still an issue?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 22:09:32
1 On 27/06/12 00:13, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > I'm getting a 2TB drive which uses 4kB sectors instead of 512 byte ones.
3 > I suppose by now everything will "just work" and the various tools
4 > will now by default create correctly aligned partitions?
5
6 Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm using cfdisk, since I find it's
7 the easiest CLI partitioner (fdisk and parted don't offer menus but you
8 need to type commands; I hate that).
9
10 I guess I should now switch to something else. I guess it's time for
11 GParted (I'd prefer something for KDE, but it looks like there's nothing
12 offered.)