From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] interconnecting speeds
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:21:24
1 On Monday 24 July 2006 19:46, Daniel Huckstep wrote:
2 > Are you sure it's actually slow or are you just looking at the number
3 > thinking it's slow...
4 > If you are getting "fast speeds in the 100's of MBs" from the internet
5 > then I want your internet connection. it's probably more like 100's of
6 > KB... Regardless, only 1MB across LAN is still slow.
7
8 How are you measuring the speed of your connection?
9
10 I take it that this is a conventional smb setup, not some ssh or vpn tunneled
11 deal?
12
13 PS. I'm on a 1Mb/s adsl connection (or around 125KB/s). If you're getting
14 100's of MB/s download rate you're either somewhere in South Korea, or you're
15 on some sort of an fiberoptic backbone, or you're using satellite?
18 Regards,
19 Mick