From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "wiping" unused space and/or secure erasing of files
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:47:15
1 On Sunday 30 October 2005 02:05, Rob wrote:
2 > I noticed the "rm" command doesn't have any options for secure erasing
3 > of files. Maybe I saw that before on one of the BSD's. I am also
4 > interested in "wiping" unused disk space.
5 >
6 > Is there a gentoo port that does this kind of stuff?
7 >
8 > Thanks,
9 >
10 > Rob.
11
12 app-misc/secure-delete
18 Conclusions
19 In a straight-up fight, the Empire squashes the Federation like a bug. Even
20 with its numerical advantage removed, the Empire would still squash the
21 Federation like a bug. Accept it. -Michael Wong
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list