From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Net.eth0 is hesitant to start
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:14:30
1 Hi folks:
2
3 I have recently done my routine System upgrades etc, and suddenly my
4 wired ethernet port on my laptop is very hesitant to start -- I plug it
5 in (or put it on the dock) and issue the start command
6
7 /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start
8
9 And it starts to bring up the interface, and just sits there
10
11 Sometimes for quite sometime before I ctrl-c and try again -- sometimes
12 doing it in a different window helps, as does rebooting and trying
13 again.
14
15 My list of processes in conky shows the script running and also arping
16 but nothing changes and the interface doesn't start --
17
18 Can someone suggest a solution or problem
19
20 TIM
23 Timothy A. Holmes
24 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
25
26 Medina Christian Academy
27 A Higher Standard...
28