From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can I exclude a package from --depclean's consideration?
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 18:28:42
1 On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Nikos Chantziaras<realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > On 06/11/2009 07:22 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >>
4 >> "emerge --depclean" always wants to remove all but the most recent
5 >> version of gentoo-sources. I read the manpage and can't figure out how
6 >> to exclude this package. The manpage states:
7 >>
8 >> "Packages that are part of the world set will always be kept."
9 >
10 > If you read the man page (man emerge) you'll arrive at:
11 >
12 > emerge --noreplace =gentoo-sources-1.2.3-r4
13
14 That is what I'm already doing (recording version-specific atom in my
15 world file). I was trying to find a more generic way, that will
16 prevent me from the need to specify exact versions. Thanks :)