From: Fernando Antunes <fs.antunes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VirtualBox bridge mode eth0
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:04:32
1 On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 1:11 AM, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I've activated Network adapter in VirtualBox (running Windows XP) but I it
4 > is not working. It works only in NAT mode not in Bridge mode.
5 >
6 I'm running VirtualBox Binary in bridge mode (host Gentoo, guest XP). I'm
7 not sure, but did you configure bridge support in your Linux kernel ?
10 > The worst part is when I enable bridge mode on second adapter the keyboard
11 > lock up, so I need to reboot the box :-/
12 >
13 > I've copied the VM into my other box and VirtualBox Network part is working
14 > in both Bridge and NAT mode.
15 > So I can not seem to understand why it is working on one box but not the
16 > other.
17 >
18 > Does it have something to do with Promiscuous Mode?
19 >
20 > --
21 > Joseph