From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up fetchmail to feed postfix
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 07:03:40
1 On 26/11/2017 04:30, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Saturday, 25 November 2017 16:20:46 GMT Jalus Bilieyich wrote:
3 >> As an everyday user of KMail, I am completely happy with using it. I
4 >> don't see any flaws with it. Maybe it's just me or...? Is there a reason
5 >> behind the hostile glare towards KMail?
6 >
7 > Do you have POP3 or IMAP-4 accounts?
8 >
9 > It used to be like that for me too, but not for a long time now. I get
10 > duplicate messages, which are a known problem and easily worked around, but
11 > the latest version of KMail whinges about more than one candidate for
12 > display and just gives up. Then I have to stop KMail, start akonadiconsole
13 > and use it to delete the akonadi cache of the affected folder, restart
14 > akonadi and (when the debug messages quieten down) restart KMail and click
15 > on the same folder. Then it rebuilds the threads and stores them neatly away
16 > in MySQL.
17 >
18 > This happens several times a day, sometimes even more than once in the same
19 > folder. I don't know why I should be affected more than anyone else, but I
20 > do seem to be. It reminds me of Dale and his struggles a few years ago with
21 > ... what was it again, Dale?
24 it was the init thingy, and before that it was HAL
27 Alan McKinnon
28 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com