From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I'm getting this error when I log into PHPMYADMIN (/htdocs/phpmyadmin/libraries/Error.class.php on line 179)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 21:02:34
1 On Monday 21 Nov 2011 23:28:42 Carlos Sura wrote:
2 > On 21 November 2011 00:49, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > On Monday 21 Nov 2011 02:53:20 Michael Mol wrote:
4 > > > Check php.net for docs around error handling, specifically where to
5 > > > send errors (you want it going to a log file, not the web browser),
6 > > > and what severity of error to stop the script at; normally, "NOTICE"
7 > > > and "WARNING" grade errors still leave most apps functioning...but
8 > > > that's tunable in php.ini.
9 > > >
10 > > > It's also very likely that there's something else wrong, but I don't
11 > > > have any good first guesses.
12 > > >
13 > > > ZZ
14 > >
15 > > Also go to line 179 (referred to in the error you get) and look for any
16 > > obvious missing files, links, etc. that may be causing this.
17 > >
18 > > --
19 > > Regards,
20 > > Mick
21 >
22 > Hello,
23 >
24 > Thank you for your answers!
25 >
26 > Well, what I did: I just downgrade PHP to: 5.3.9_rc1 and re-emerged PHP
27 > with PHPMYADMIN.
28 >
29 > And everything seems to be working fine.. (at least for now)
30 >
31 > Maybe later I will try to upgrade again to see what's wrong.
32
33 You often find that php code used in web sites and web apps (phpmyadmin)
34 doesn't always improve in sync with the updates/upgrades of the php
35 application. Since the php application must develop and improve with time,
36 more often than not the php code that you use on your website has to be
37 improved too.
38
39 It could of course be that there's nothing deprecated in the php code and the
40 php application developers introduced a bug ... Therefore it's a good idea to
44 Regards,
45 Mick