From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IO scheduling
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:13:24
1 Aleksey V. Kunitskiy schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Is there any possibility to adjust IO scheduling priority ? I found that
5 > rtorrent eats a lot of IO resourses when calculating hash, and I can't ajust
6 > that by making its nice higher. Even on +19 it is blocker
7 >
8 > Thanks
11 There is ionice. It is part of sys-process/schedutils which is in portage.
12
13 There is a manpage here http://linux.die.net/man/1/ionice as it is not
14 included in schedutils.
15
16 You can also take alook at
17 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-462230.html. It is a forum thread
18 about ionice.
19
20 Just for your information:
21
22 Ionice is also part of the util-linux-ng-2.13 the replacement for
23 util-linux which is in portage but currently without keywords.
24
25 The stable version 2.12r-r7 is the old util linux where ionice is not
26 included.
27 So you have to use 2.13_rc2 which is util-linux-ng but there is always a
28 reason why there are no keywords!
29
30 Regards,
31