From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Updating libpng: another libtool cockup?
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 20:35:14
1 On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 7:36 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
3 <SNIP>
4 >> ajglap gottlieb # revdep-rebuild; revdep-rebuild --library '/usr/lib64/libpng14.so.14'
5 <SNIP>
6 >
7 > Is there no automated way to catch these? --library expects an
8 > argument; how do I know which libraries to feed it?
9 >
10 > --
11 > :wq
12
13 My question exactly. It's not likeyou can look at just names of
14 libraries as I think to do this right you've got to look at every
15 revision of every library on the system, don't you?
16
17 It's possible that this problem could exist for a long while if a
18 program doesn't get used much...
19
20 - Mark