From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] capslock reversal
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 21:02:20
1 Saphirus Sage wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Michael P. Soulier wrote:
7 >>> I've had this happen a few times now in the new Xorg.
8 >>>
9 >>> All of a sudden I'm typing in all caps, but my caps lock is off. I put it on
10 >>> and I'm not in all caps anymore in a particular app (xterm or vim), but now
11 >>> I'm in caps in another window...
12 >>>
13 >>> If I go to a virtual terminal and back it seems to fix it.
14 >>>
15 >>> Anyone else see this?
16 >>>
17 >>> Thanks,
18 >>> Mike
19 >>>
20 >>>
21 >>>
22 >> Did you switch to a console and then it changes? I have ran into this
23 >> for a looong time now. If I switch from KDE to a console, ctrl alt F1,
24 >> then switch back to KDE, the caps lock is sort of doing funny things,
25 >> It varies but usually I have to hit the caps lock key twice for it to
26 >> get sorted out. Then my keyboard led and what it is actually doing
27 >> matches.
28 >>
29 >> Also, I'm still on the old xorg and it does what I described. I have
30 >> KDE 3.5.10 set to leave caps lock alone but to enable numlock. I have
31 >> not tried to change any other settings.
32 >>
33 >> Hope this info will at least let you know that your system is not the
34 >> only one being weird.
35 >>
36 >> Dale
37 >>
38 >> :-) :-)
42 > I ran into the same issue a few weeks ago, just wrote on my keyboard to
43 > make it "Caps UnLock" and called that solved.
48 If I hit the button twice, if the caps lock LED is on, it's in caps, if
49 it is off then it is lower case. It just doesn't update the keyboard
50 LED when it switches from console to KDE. Sort of funny in a way. It's
51 like my puter is drunk or something. LOL
52
53 Dale
54