From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:24:19
1 On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 12:49 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > A week ago I got in a 1 TB external hard drive. I set it up for use
4 > > with MythTV. It worked fine. So now I wanted to turn the old myth
5 > > partition into my /home filesystem. I reformatted it (mke2fs
6 > > -j /dev/sda6), I mounted it on /mnt/floppy and moved my directories
7 > > in /home over to it, then unmounted it, mounted it on /home and logged
8 > > in. Now almost every time I do anything I get a notice saying that
9 > > gnome-settings-daemon has crashed. I don't even kwow if it will let me
10 > > send this email, but I've attached the bug report. Please somebody help
11 > > me!
15 > May just be a coincidence. I'm seeing this on my wife's machine after
16 > an update to Gnome-2.24.x from 2.22.x. No changes in disk drives here.
17 >
18 > If you're not against starting from a new desktop then try making a
19 > new user and seeing if that new user has the same problem. If it
20 > doesn't then try erasing (or moving) all the .gnome directories and
21 > possibly you'll be able to clean it up that way.
22 >
23 > Possibly a case of something being marked stable when possibly it
24 > shouldn't have been?
25 >
26 > Good luck,
27 > Mark
28 >
29 Does anyone know where files for gnome-settings-daemon are stored? Is
30 there something in /tmp I need to take care of?