From: Jonas Geiregat <yux@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why gentoo doesn't have long description?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:12:17
1 Fernando Canizo wrote:
2
3 >El 24/ago/2005 a las 04:01 -0300, Jonas me decía:
6 >>>Second, the whole idea is to do this for non-connected systems. Meaning, a
7 >>>solution not involving the Internet... =)
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>If you're refering to the fact that the person doesn't have an internet
11 >>connection when he wants to view this information throught the emerge
12 >>interface, then you're wrong. When you want to install or you're just
13 >>searching for a package you're using the emerge interface , when you
14 >>need more info you have to 1) open your browser 2) type in the url (if
15 >>you're lucky you know the url or it's in your browsers cache) 3) search
16 >>for the package on the website , while instead you could just do
17 >>something like emerge --desc package. Now what's quicker and makes more
18 >>sence ?
22 >Exactly! That's what i'm refering to. It's not an issues of connection it's an
23 >issue of lazyness! It's like: "-- hey what are you doing this weekend? -- don't
24 >know, it's cold and raining, i think i'm gonna sit in my throne and check what's
25 >new on 'app-vim' to improve my vimyness, if find something interesting i'll
26 >check the package webpage."
30 What kind of a computer user are you ?
31 Really what a stupid remark , kinda foolish to say it's a bad idea to
32 implement this feature just because there are other slower less direct
33 methods for accomplishing a task !
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list