From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] All of a sudden, no apache2. No clue why.
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 23:36:06
1 On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > >> > * Starting apache2 ...
4 > >> > (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
5 > >> > 64.166.164.49:80
6 > >> > no listening sockets available, shutting down
7 > >> > Unable to open
8 > >> > logs
9 > [
10 >
11 > Strace will probably reveal which log file can't be opened, something
12 > like this will probably do the trick:
13 >
14 > strace /path/to/apache2 -D <module list> -d /path/to/apache2dir
15 >
16 > > And that's a DNS listener, an NTP listener, and firefox as a client, not
17 > a
18 > > listener. Though it makes me want to track down 1e100.net and find out
19 > who
20 > > they are.
21 >
22 > Google:
25 I should have known that. 1e100 is a mathematical/programming synonym for
26 google.
27 Amusing.
28
29 I do most of this in gmail, so those connections look normal.
30
31 I don't know what the usual module list is, so I guess I have to go trolling
32 throught the
33 init.d scripts to figure it out, unless somebody knows a better way.
36 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD