From: Claudinei Matos <claudineimatos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] openLDAP with mysql backend (problems with libmyodbc.so => undefined symbol: lt_dlclose )
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 22:18:55
1 hi,
2
3 I'm trying to setup openLDAP to use mysql as backend with a guid I
4 found here http://www.section6.net/help/openldap.php
5 Well, I did reinstalled openLDAP with unixODBC use flag on and setup
6 /etc/unixODBC/ odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini since this files comes empty.
7 Bellow follow what I setup in these files:
8
9 (odbcinst.ini)
10 [ODBC Drivers]
11 MySQL = Installed
12
13 [MySQL]
14 Description=ODBC for MySQL
15 Driver=/usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so
16
17 (odbc.ini)
18 [ODBC Data Sources]
19 ldap = MySQL LDAP DSN
20
21 [ldap]
22 Driver = /usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so
23 Description = OpenLDAP Database
24 Host = localhost
25 ServerType = MySQL
26 Port = 3306
27 FetchBufferSize = 99
28 User = ldap_user
29 Password = ldap_pass
30 Database = ldap_db
31 ReadOnly = no
32 Socket = /var/run/mysqd/mysqld.sock
33
34 [ODBC]
35 InstallDir=/usr/local/lib
38 Well, since I saw that /usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so doesn't exist I've tried
39 to use libodbc.so instead and even libodbcmyS.so.
40 The next step was to test odbc connection with iodbctest but this
41 application hadn't been instaled, so I try to emerge libiodbc and
42 iodbc.
43 Well, installing these 2 packages I got iodbctest, tried to connect:
44
45 root@host # iodbctest
46 iODBC Demonstration program
47 This program shows an interactive SQL processor
48 Driver Manager: 03.51.0001.0908
49
50 Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): ?
51
52 DSN | Description
53 ---------------------------------------------------------------
54 ldap | MySQL LDAP DSN
55
56 but when I try to pass DSN=ldap that's what I get:
57
58 "Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): DSN=ldap
59 1: (0), SQLSTATE=
60
61 Have a nice day."
62
63 Looking around I've found that libmyodbc3.so is provided by myodbc
64 package which one I've emerged and setup in both odbc.ini and
65 odbcinst.ini like the tutorial says, but now, if I try to run
66 iodbctest that's what I get when I type "DSN=ldap":
67 1: [iODBC][Driver Manager]/usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so: undefined symbol:
68 lt_dlclose (0), SQLSTATE=00000
69 2: [iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded (0),
70 SQLSTATE=IM003
73 Since I got this error, I've thinked that may I had to reinstall
74 unixODBC, iodbc, libiodbc but even after reinstall all these packages
75 I still getting the same error.
76
77 Do somebody knows how to fix that? Is there another way to use mysql
78 as a backend to LDAP?
79
80 Tks in advice,
81