From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] My keyboards works, when not exspected ?!?
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 18:31:18
1 Hi,
2
3 this posting is somehow the opposite of an error report: My keyboard
4 works and I dont know why...
5
6 The board is a PS2 one, connected via a Belkin PS2-USB converter
7 (active) to an USB port.
8
9 Exept of a few and seldom stuck CTRL-key situations it works fine.
10
11 BUT!
12 When starting xkeycaps, selecting the correct keyboard (102 keys,
13 german QWERT, wide Enter with Tall delete), and typing, magic
14 happens:
15 Cursor Left flashes ALT SHIFT on xkeycaps.
16 Cursor Right flashes PRINT...
17 ALT Shift flashes Numblock-Enter
18 and some more.
19
20 So, if I will spy some keycode with xev for being used to keysym
21 to key in urxvt...will I configure nonsense?
22
23 Who can I trust more: Me or xkeycaps?
24
25 Thank you very much for your help in advance!
26 Best regards
27 mcc