From: karl@××××××××.se
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Heads up: A reason *NOT* to have xorg.conf file
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 21:12:01
1 Walter Dnes:
2 ...
3 > This state of affairs seems to have evolved slowly. There wasn't one
4 > version where it worked for nobody, immediately followed by the next
5 > version that worked for everybody. Years ago, X would not run without
6 > an xorg.conf file. Then X started being able to properly autoconfigure
7 > without an xorg.conf file for 10% of users... then 20%... then 30%,
8 > etc. Today it works for just about everybody.
9
10 No for me, I still use a serial mouse with mman protocol.
11
12 Regards,
13 /Karl Hammar
14