From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: modprobe warnings
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 00:57:02
1 On 01/15/2011 10:48 AM, David Relson wrote:
2 > My /etc/modprobe.d directory is under configuration management using
3 > subversion. Whenever modprobe runs, it reads the files in the .svn
4 > directory and complains about all the stuff it doesn't understand, for
5 > example:
6 >
7 > Jan 15 08:57:22 osage modprobe: WARNING: /etc/modprobe.d/.svn/entries
8 > line 266: ignoring bad line starting with '
9 >
10 > How can I turn off these warnings?
11
12 First, I'm replying only because no one else has a better idea yet.
13
14 Second, I loathe svn because no matter what I want to do, svn tells me
15 I'm doing it wrong. No other vcs is quite as counter-intuitive as svn.
16
17 But, in general, I think the solution is to put your svn repository
18 somewhere other than in your working /etc directory tree.
19
20 I'd be happy to supply example code for how to do it, but I know all
21 too well that svn would tell me I can't do that.
22
23 Oh, did I mention that I hate svn? git is the only one that seems to
24 understand in advance what I want to do, and just does it. But YMMV.