From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portable Gentoo (Pen Drive Linux)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 17:54:31
1 On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Saturday 22 Mar 2014 18:42:46 Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
3 >
4 > --->8
5 >
6 >> What other distros are suited for this use case?
7 >
8 > I've installed that old favourite SysRescCD on a pen drive, following a method
9 > I found on the Web to include a persistent file-system with all the extras I
10 > wanted in, e.g., /usr/local/bin.
11 >
12 > It works well, except that I haven't found yet where to put all my aliases to
13 > have them sourced at (auto) log-in.
14 >
15 > This distro is quite close to Gentoo, but not identical.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Regards
19 > Peter
23 SystemRescueCD sounds like the best compromise, since its based on gentoo.
24 You can add whatever it is you need.
25 http://www.sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-manual-en_How_to_personalize_SystemRescueCd