From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Shutting down process hangs - how to proceed?
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 16:11:37
1 On 09/19/2009 07:17 PM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > walt<w41ter@×××××.com> [09-09-20 04:13]:
3 >> On 09/19/2009 05:07 PM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 >>> walt<w41ter@×××××.com> [09-09-20 02:03]:
5 >>>> On 09/19/2009 05:31 AM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
6 >>>>
7 >>>>> Nonetheless I added the UNLOAD_ON_STOP="no" to /etc/conf.d/alsasound
8 >>>>> and we will see what happens.
9 >>>>
10 >>>> Did you try stopping the alsa service manually?
11 >>>>
12 >>>> #/etc/init.d/alsasound stop
13 >>>>
14 >>>
15 >>> This gave me errors, since my Webcam's audio part isn't implemented as
16 >>> full audio device, but it does not hang:
17
18 > ...but this "problem" was there long before the system cannot be
19 > shutdown anymore and I think it is not clean but the root of all
20 > evil....
21
22 Well, in any case you should be able to eliminate those error messages
23 if you delete /etc/asound.* and then repeat the alsactl store.