From: Jean Magnan de Bornier <jean@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dovecot... is the bugzilla material?
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:00:01
1 Le 27 juin à 19:24:37 reader@×××××××.com écrit notamment:
2
3 | Fishing around for a pop3 server I settled on dovecot. After
4 | installation and few changes in well commented config. I get a show
5 | stopping error when attempting startup.
6 >
7 | /etc/init.d/dovecot start
8 | * Starting dovecot ...
9 | Error: Can't use mail executable /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3:
10 | No such file or directory
11 >
12 | equery files dovecot shows there is no `pop3' executable under any
13 | path. The only hit on that exact name is a directory.
14 >
15 | Apparently dovecot expects this executable to be available but the
16 | ebuild doesn't think so.
17 >
18 | The commented /etc/dovcot.conf indicates /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3 is
19 | a default.
20
21 If you have pop3 and/or pop3s in the "protocols" line of /etc/dovcot.conf
22 you must add pop3d in your USE flags, system-wide or preferably just for
23 dovecot in /etc/portage/package.use.
24
25 regards
26 --
27 Jean Magnan de Bornier | Cours Victor Hugo
28 e-mots: jean at bornier.net | 13980 Alleins France
29 T 08 70 39 34 03 | P 06 09 17 35 87
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list