From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Quad UART PCIe Adapter (Oxford-Chipset) seems (not?) to work? Check?
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 18:20:15
1 On Sunday, 24 March 2019 17:06:48 GMT karl@××××××××.se wrote:
2 > Meino:
3 > > In my PC there is a quad uart PCIe-adapter with Oxford Chipset.
4 >
5 > ...
6 >
7 > > To minimize the number of variables in this equitation I would like to
8 > > ensure, that at least the UART adapter is working.
9 >
10 > ...
11 >
12 > Try
13 > setserial -g /dev/ttyS? /dev/ttyS1?
14 > and see if it shows up there.
15 >
16 > You can get pin status with
17 > statserial /dev/ttyS9
18 >
19 > Connect a null modem cable from one port to the next
20 > open two terminals
21 > in first term. do cu -l /dev/ttyS8 -s 9600
22 > in second term. do cu -l /dev/ttyS9 -s 9600
23 > or similar, and see if you can talk with yourself.
24 >
25 > Regards,
26 > /Karl Hammar
27
28 Or you may want to try infrared or bluetooth with gnokii.
29 --
30 Regards,
31 Mick