From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Virtualbox oddities...
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 19:12:57
1 Hi,
2
3 I am relatively new to the world of virtualboxing (NOT
4 "virtual boxing" ! :)
5 so my question may be stupid (tm)...
6
7 I installed Virtualbox 5,1,12. and installed a Linux
8 distro into a hard disk drive image. Finally the image
9 boots and now I have a "Linux in a (vitual) box" NICE!
10
11 But: The size of the inner window fame of virtualbox is always smaller than
12 what the Linux inside thinks is the size of the monitor.
13
14 So I never get the whole desktop...
15
16 Is it possible to fix this without reinstalling the complete Linux?
17
18 Thanks a lot for any resizing help :) in advance!
19 Cheers
20 Meino