From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Things that can be improved
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:42:55
1 * Rafael Fernández López <info@××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 <snip>
4
5 > The first thing that I'd change is "etc-update" or "dispatch-conf". I'd
6
7 thanks for the tip to "dispatch-conf". Again learned something new :)
8 This is what I was just looking for.
9
10 BTW: if you change some config file by hand, it's seems wise to add
11 some comment, so you always get a hint in the diff.
12
13 BTW#2: is there any option to diff trim off ending whitespaces on
14 each line before comparing ? I sometimes see changed lines where I
15 actually can't see any difference, so there're probably just some
16 ending whitespaces added/removed.
19 cu
20 --
22 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
24 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
25 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
26 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
27 http://patches.metux.de/
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list