From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive storage questions
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 21:50:41
1 On Tue, 5 May 2015 08:53:29 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > In general btrfs tends to do most of its fixing online. I'd only run
4 > btrfs check if the filesystem is unmountable.
5
6 That's the only time I've had to use it. This was on a laptop with a
7 single SSD, so there was no where to sync good data from. It worked
8 without data loss but was very slow, around 12 hours for a 250GB
9 filesystem on one occasion.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Top Oxymorons Number 30: Business ethics