From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installation aborted due to poor programming practices
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:03:18
1 On 4/19/10, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > On 19 Apr, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:47:17 +0200 (CEST), Helmut Jarausch wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> the installation of a package (unofficial gimp-gap) is 'aborted due to
6 >>> poor programming practices' probably since there have been lots of
7 >>> dereferencing type-punned pointers and similar warnings.
8 >>>
9 >>> How can I forced portage to install it anyway?
10 >>
11 >> Possibly FEATURES="-strict" emerge --opts blah
14 > Unfortunately this didn't help.
15
16 I wonder if strict and stricter FEATURES are somehow hardwired to each
17 other inside portage code, or whether they're considered separate
18 entities?
19
20 Anyway, you could try FEATURES="-strict -stricter" to see which way it
21 works. If that won't work then the next step could be to play around
22 with the QA_STRICT_* variables mentioned in make.conf man page
23 (haven't tried, so don't know if they'll help either).
26 Arttu V.