From: Vladimir Rusinov <vladimir@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] UNIX authentication against AD
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:41:22
1 On 10/17/07, pat <pat@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > Sorry for of-topic post, but I think this place is full of people who
4 > knows :-)
5 >
6 > My question is about authentication of UNIX like system (Linux, Solaris,
7 > AIX,
8 > HP-UX, etc.) against MS Active Directory.
9 >
10 > Scenario:
11 > UNIX is set up to authenticate against AD, so the user has same login into
12 > UNIX systems and windows systems.
13 >
14 > My guess is to setup UNIX to authenticate using kerberos, where kerberos
15 > provider should be the AD.
16 >
17 > Please correct me if I'm wrong.
20 I'm using samba's winbind (and yes, it actually uses kerberos + have
21 nsswitch libs).
24 Vladimir Rusinov
25 GreenMice Solutions: IT-решения на базе Linux
26 http://greenmice.info/