From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE? Get me out of here!
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 03:08:48
I've been using KDE for a long time, for reasons that are no longer
important to me.  I have remained out of pure inertia.
I use gnome happily at work, both on Fedora and Ubuntu.  All I need from any
of them is a panel with some favorites, and a pager for multiple desktops.
I spend most of my time in vim, in the C program and documentation
toolchains or in a browser.

The reason I bring this up is that my account just froze on me from running
out of disk space.  A little research showed that an odd-sounding thing
called nepomuk was using 7.2 G (SEVEN GIGS) in some dotfiles.  It turns out
to be a KDE client - whatever that is.  I've got a lot of space here and
there, but my /home partition was never near full before.

I'd like to just nuke nepomuk, but fear the consequences.  I'm seriously
entertaining ideas about a more efficient way to run my Gentoo system,
although I'll probably keep kdelibs because I like a few of their games.
Similarly for gnome.  But I wonder what I should do about the rest.

Ideas?

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD