From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a simple .pls audio mp3-playing app?
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:39:24
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 18:50:21 -0700 Ryan Tandy
4 <tarpman@×××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > I'm not familiar with Live365, but I listen to radio
7 > (http://kplu.org) and similar streams off the Internet sometimes, and
8 > I find that mplayer is more than up to the task, including dealing
9 > with pls files.
10 >
11 > e.g.
12 > $ mplayer http://www.abacast.com/media/pls/kplu/kplu-sc-48.pls
13 >
14 > works for me every time. I already have mplayer installed to watch
15 > DVDs, so it might as well serve another purpose.
16
17 Just a short addition:
18 for servers that bork the content type of the playlist, it makes sense
19 to include "-playlist" in that command, like this:
20
21 $ mplayer -playlist 'http://foo.bar/playlist.pls'
24 -hwh
25 --